TTC formulated a capacity building plan to advance previously disadvantaged groups. In monitoring the plan, a capacity building manager was appointed with a committee represented from designated groups to monitor and to advance capacity building.
Clinical Trials Completed
Clinical Research Staff
TTC has trained and employed several individuals from HDIs (2 x African male physicians as Investigators, 6x African female scientist as Study-Coordinator, 3X African female and males Lung technologist as Study-coordinator).
TTC in collaboration with the Division of Pharmacology University of Stellenbosch is presenting a Postgraduate Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine. Currently we have approximately 40 registered students of which 90% are HDIs. Bursaries are offered to students for registration as well as travel and accommodation.
TTC participates in trials investigating clinical safety and efficacy of traditional medicines.
TTC has a continuous training program for development of staff.
Dr H Nell is lecturer at the division “Law and Ethics”, SU Medical School programme Advanced Research Ethics Training in South Africa (ARESA)
TTC with Fundisa African Academy of Medicines Development presents Clinical Investigator and site staff Certification (CLIC) Course, which is based on the European Pharma Train Curriculum.
Fundisa African Academy of Medicines Development with TTC presents a yearly Regulatory Workshop.
TTC is a HPCSA approved training site for University of Stellenbosch Clinical Pharmacology Registrars.
The Objectives Of The Company’s Capacity Plan
- To address the Company’s employee demographics vis-á-vis the objectives of the Employment Equity Act;
- To set achievable numerical targets that are aligned to the Company’s operational requirements;
- To be used as a tool in assisting management to realise their divisional employment equity goals;
- To be used for the purpose of succession planning, career pathing and training and development of all employees;
- To ensure that the annual targets of the Employment Equity Plan are incorporated into the Company’s Business Plan:
- To be used as a tool by Management in human resources management;
- To ensure the realisation of ‘equity’ value within the Company.